* 6 slices Of bacon.
* A large head cabbage, I removed the core and sliced it.
* 2 minced cloves Of garlic.
* 1 large diced onion.
* 1 Tbsp.Of salt.
* 1 Tsp.Of ground black pepper.
* 1/2 Tsp.Of onion powder.
* 1/2 Tsp.Of garlic powder.
* 1/2 Tsp.Of paprika.
* Carrots, but it’s optional
In a large skillet, I fried the bacon over medium heat until crispy and fried.
* To rinse, I cut the bacon and put it on paper towels. I chopped it into crumbles.
* I stirred in the garlic and onion with the bacon grease and I cooked in a pan, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, until tender.
* After that, quickly I added the cabbage and continue to cook for another ten minutes or until softened.
* To steam the cabbage, I added the bacon crumbles on top, 1⁄3 cup of water as required, salt and pepper to taste, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika.
* I stirred to mix, I reduced the heat and cooked for a few more minutes, or till the liquid evaporates, and continued to stir at frequent intervals.
* If needed, I tasted and re-seasoned, and Immediately I served it.
* Remember that you have some carrots in the mixture, which just adds something special to the dish.